Tuesday, September 27, 2011

God's Journey

One Dress, One Month will be different than anything I've ever done. Not just the clothing aspect, but the idea that I'm not parading around my standpoint. I will not be walking around with a giant sign saying what I am doing, nor will I be standing on a soapbox or marching down the streets. I will simply go about my daily life with only the change of a permanent addition to my wardrobe. Some people will notice and ask, and that's when I'm able to share my view. But, for those that don't notice or don't ask, I won't be shoving it down their throats.

Which in some ways is easier for people to handle. Many people ignore the signs, the yelling, the "in your face" campaigns because it's just too noisy, too upfront. With a project like this, only those who are truly curious about what I am doing will know. Only those that ask. I pray that by making it a dialogue instead of a sermon, people will be more willing to listen and open heartedly take in what I say. I hope that God will use this to touch the people I come into contact with, and plant a seed in each individual that will blossom into a passion for social justice, for the freedom of the women and girls.

Because that's what it's all about. It's about the women and girls suffering in the trafficking. I am merely a vessel, bringing the news and allowing people to glean what they can. It is through God that my work will change lives and hearts, hopefully bringing more people along in the fight to end human trafficking.

It is through God that am led on my journey, and through God that I will succeed.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8: 38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment