Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Shenanigans

It is officially Halloween, October 31, the final day of my One Dress, One Month Project. To simply say I'm happy it's almost over would be an understatement. I'm thrillered (get it? "thriller" cause it's Halloween?? haha ;~)

Emily Fish, Addie, Kira, and I on Court Street

I met ABE LINCOLN in the lobby of my dorm!!

This past weekend was the world-famous Athens Halloween Block Party! I love going uptown and seeing everyone's costumes, then going and watching Halloween movies...Hocus Pocus for the finale! This year was particularly interesting because I had to somehow incorporate the dress into my costume. I shout-out for suggestions on facebook awarded me tons of ideas, none of which I used (no offense to those who suggested things. I do appreciate the effort). I decided to be a spidery wood nymph, mostly because I've become obsessed with drawing spider webs and really wanted to draw spider webs on my face. I tried to make some sweet wings out of sticks and fake cobwebs. They were really cool, until the sticks broke. Apparently, it has been too wet in Athens and the sticks I got from the back of my dorm were moldy. It was too late to figure something else out, so I painted my face, threw on my spider web tights, and called it a costume. It was cold, so I threw on my army jacket. I called it "Black Ops Widow." Black Ops because of the army jacket, and black widow because of the spider theme. Epic, right??

For your enjoyment, photos of my failed wings and my epic face paint...



No comments:

Post a Comment