Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Homecoming Weekend and Stormy Weather

Rain, Rain, Go Away
Come Again Another Day
Preferably One Where I'm Not Wearing A Dress...

It's a new nursery rhyme, and a new mantra for my life. It's cold and rainy in Athens right now. My dress is thin, and not exactly waterproof. Luckily, I only have 12 days left in the project, so hopefully I'll be able to return to normal clothes before it gets too cold.

I know it's been a while since I've posted. This past weekend was Homecoming. I spent Friday night at the Union for the Open Doors Drag Show, Saturday morning marching in the parade, Saturday afternoon sitting at a table in Baker, Saturday evening watching movies with my friends, Sunday afternoon performing in an F-Word Show, and Sunday evening catching up on all my homework. Whew!  Then, Monday and week 7 snuck up on me and Tuesday I started to get sick. Now, it's Wednesday afternoon, and my head feels like one of those giant heads in the old cold medicine commercials, my nose is runny, and I have no voice. Lovely.

Having to wear the dress in the homecoming parade challenged me to find a way to turn the plain brown dress into something that showed my pride. So, I bought rainbow tights. Epic, right! Did you think I meant school pride...?

One side of my awesome sign in the Homecoming Parade

The other side of my sign, and my fabulous rainbow tights!
Thought: You know it's rained a lot when you have to wade to classes. Now, back into the storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment