Thursday, October 6, 2011

If you don't like it, wait a minute and it will change

Welp, 5 days in and my commitment to blogging everyday is out the window. College life tends to get busy. Anyways, the past 3 days have been what I like to call "Ohio Weather." If you don't like it, wait one minute and it will change. Not the most original statement, but it still rings true. Monday was freezing. Hoodie and leggings. Apparently my leggings are not very warm. Tuesday, still cold, and I decided to wear the dress with nothing underneath but shorts. Sooo cold! Which brings us to today (even though it will technically be Thursday when I post this since it's 3 minutes to midnight). Anticipating cold, I wore jeans under my dress. But being Ohio, it was hot! Tomorrow is supposed to be just as warm as today, so maybe I'll try the shorts only thing again.

In case you didn't know, I am not the only one on campus doing One Dress, One Month. My friends Emily and Emily (yes, they're both named Emily) are doing it with me. To make it easier, we'll call one Fish and one Emily. Fish is the person that originally brought the idea of doing this project this month to me. Anyways, I ran into Emily (not Fish) at Donkey Coffee this evening and decided that would be the perfect picture for today. So, here you go- Emily and me in our dresses at Donkey...


People are starting to realize that I'm wearing the same dress everyday. People that know me always ask why I'm wearing a dress, since that's so unlike me; but those that don't know me as well are picking up on the fact that I'm wearing the same thing. That's how the conversations start. As I wrote about before, I'm not advertising what I'm doing, but am waiting for people to approach me. Considering how many people have already approached me, I'm hopeful that the word will continue to spread and people will be incited to step up and do something about human sex trafficking.

I still hate the dress, and kind of want to put it through a shredder. A dress just isn't my style and I'm not that comfortable in it. But, maybe I'll get more used to it as the month progresses. And I just need to keep in mind why I am doing this and give my doubts and insecurities about it all to God.

And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily…” Luke 18:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment